The Pastoral Council is meeting regularly again, generally on the first Thursday of the month. Important information will be included in the bulletin (usually as in insert) and on the website. Detailed meeting minutes are available on request.
Organization The Pastoral Council has a membership of twelve parishioners. Additionally, the two parish trustees (Al Tinger, Ray McGoldrick), the faith formation coordinator (Chrissy Blanck) and the pastor (Fr. Michael) serve as ex-officio members. Here are the current members:
Maureen Murray, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) Alice Perkins, Secretary (email@example.com)
Sharon Oberriter (firstname.lastname@example.org) Jeff Woeppel (email@example.com)
Michael Lachance (firstname.lastname@example.org) Walt Heinrich (email@example.com)
Diane Grigoli (firstname.lastname@example.org) Cathy and Joe Parisi (email@example.com)
Alma Curtis (firstname.lastname@example.org) Vince Solomon (email@example.com)
Owen Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please communicate with them or the ex-officio members regarding any concerns, questions or suggestions.
The pastor presides over and guides final decisions and their implementation. Formal guidelines for how the council functions are available upon request.
March 2, 2023 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Fr. Michael, Jeff Woeppel, Owen Kennedy, Michael Lachance, Diane Grigoli, Cathy Parisi, Joe Parisi, Alice Perkins
Absent: Ray McGoldrick, Maureen Murray, Al Tinger, Sharon Oberriter, Vince Solomon, Walt Heinrich, Alma Curtis, Chrissy Blanck
- Michael opened the meeting at 7:05pm with the Opening Prayer by Diane Grigoli
- February minutes were approved.
- Complete Review of Synod Sessions Actionable Items
- Sound system upgrade has been completed.
- Fr. Michael will counsel people individually regarding the Albany Tribunal for those who suffered abusive marriages.
- With regard to rotating the people that help at social gatherings, the Social Committee does share responsibilities at social gatherings among its members.
- More information would be needed to understand and act on mentoring for new families.
- Regarding daytime church events, we currently have the Prayerfully Made ministry and a Bible Study group. As opportunities arise for additional daytime church activities, they will be considered.
- Pastoral Council
- Pastoral Council information is on the website. We could create a poster with pictures and contact information to display in the Church and/or the Parish Center.
- Listening session will be scheduled annually.
- Full parish council meeting minutes are on the website. Hard copies of minute highlights provided at the church entrances.
- Collaboration with St Thomas is currently on hold.
- Faith Formation
- Living Stations of the Cross will be held March 31st, the Friday before Holy Week.
- Safe Environment training will take place for Faith Formation classes March 12th.
- New Filipino Parishioner Gathering
- A dinner is being planned for Saturday April 15th at 5:30pm.
- Review of Outstanding Issues and Actions
Updates were given as below. Any old/new open items are included in the list on the last page of these minutes.
Attendance count for Parent’s Café
About a dozen parents attend. There have been 2 folks attending who are not parents.
Follow up with Chloe for a list of respect for life resources and with Al for potential activities to have more of an impact in our community.
Al provided Fr Michael a chart listing various organizations resources. Diane will utilize this list in the Respect for Life ministry.
Confirm strategic plan report outs for our next meeting
Adult Faith Formation and Ministries will report out at the April meeting.
Annual Anointing Mass – Determine date for 2023 mass
Anointing mass will be held Friday, May 26 at noon.
Annual Listening Sessions
Frequency will be annually. They will be scheduled for June 2023.
Committee/Ministry Leader attendance at Pastoral Council meetings annually
An email will be sent out the committee/ministry leaders for attendance. Actual meeting date for their attendance to be determined.
New member discernment summer/fall
Discernment will take place in September.
There was discussion regarding digital vs hard copy. Jeff will bring in a copy of the last printed directory. Fr. Michael will get information for the company used for this in Stamford.
- Round Robin (All)
Fr. Michael – Confirmations will be in May in conjunction with either Cobleskill or Worcester. Reminders for Friday Stations of the Cross Fridays at 6:30pm during Lent, Adoration for 1st Friday Mar 3rd, 1st Saturday Devotions and Mass, and 24 Hr Adoration for March 10th-11th. Also, in response to parishioner questions, it is okay for interested non-parishioners to access Formed as the Formed provider considers it an evangelical tool.
Michael Lachance – Asked how the Virtual Rosary was coming along. Joe indicated there are 30 slots lacking to complete the rosary and as opportunities come up Joe helps anyone participate. Having Faith Formation youth participate was discussed. We need to know from Chrissy if any help is needed to make that happen.
Alice Perkins – In order to determine increases in ministry participation (one of our strategic goals) ministry leaders will be contacted to provide a list of names of parishioners in their ministry.
Cathy Parisi – Requested clarification on confession requirements for 1st Friday Devotion. It is a 2 week period, 7 days before or 7 days after.
Joe Parisi – Expressed appreciation for the prayers for his mother, Santa Parisi. Also, Cathy and Joe will be attending 8am Sunday Mass vs 4:30pm Saturday Mass and would not be able to help with Live Stream. Fr. Michael has it covered.
Diane Grigoli – A parishioner asked if it is possible to communicate when a parishioner’s funeral mass will take place. Given funeral masses are not planned far in advance, parishioners would get the best information from obituaries online or in the newspaper.
Owen Kennedy – Apologized for being late.
Jeff Woeppel – Expressed appreciation for the Lenten Little Black Bbooks and has found them thought provoking as well as historically interesting.
- Alice Perkins will be our April Prayer leader.
- Closing prayer (Fr. Michael)
Future PC meetings: April 13, May 4, June 1
Follow up with choir to ensure they do a sound check before each mass.
Apr 13, 2023
Check w Karen Walker for openness to potential collaborations
Apr 13, 2023
Confirm strategic plan report outs for May meeting
Apr 13, 2023
Jeff to bring copy of the last printed directory,
Fr, Michael to get information for the company used in Stamford.
Apr 13, 2023
Determine date for Committee/Ministry Leader attendance at Pastoral Council meeting
Add an annual lunch for the Social & Hospitality Committee to the calendar for Dec/Jan