The Pastoral Council is meeting regularly again, generally on the first Thursday of the month. Important information will be included in the bulletin (usually as in insert) and on the website. Detailed meeting minutes are available on request.
Organization The Pastoral Council has a membership of twelve parishioners. Additionally, the two parish trustees (Pete Henrici, Ray McGoldrick), the faith formation coordinator (Chrissy Blanck) and the pastor (Fr. Michael) serve as ex-officio members. Here are the current members:
Maureen Murray, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) Rob Bohm, Secretary (Rob@Bohm.us)
Sharon Oberriter (email@example.com) Jeff Woeppel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Lachance (email@example.com) Carolyn Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kathy Shirm (email@example.com) Cathy and Joe Parisi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Peggy Poulson (email@example.com) Cythia Kukenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Stephanie Nolan (email@example.com)
Please communicate with them or the ex-officio members regarding any concerns, questions or suggestions.
The pastor presides over and guides final decisions and their implementation. Formal guidelines for how the council functions are available upon request.
March 2 and March 26 Meeting Summaries
Planning continues for the Synod. The Leatherstocking Vicariate will meet in Oneonta on May 23 at 6:30. Bishop Ed will attend. Individuals from our vicariate are invited to present their views, joys, disappointments, frustrations and hopes for the church. Similarly, St. Mary’s will hold three sessions in Cooperstown for the same purpose. Feedback from these sessions will inform the universal church, the Diocese and the parish. St Mary’s Pastoral Council will review all comments to identify any areas where the parish might act.
2. Welcome meetings continue for individuals/families new to the parish. These are very successful.
3. Lenten activities were reviewed by Father Michael. He was very pleased with the attendance for Stations of the Cross and the Holy Hours, as well as all the Holy Week services.
4. The traditional Wrubleski Food Drive is being led by Sharon Oberriter.
5. St. Mary’s participation in the community yard sale June 4 is being coordinated by Peggy Poulson. Proceeds will be placed in the parish fund. More details to follow.
6. The meeting on March 26 was the first of two dedicated to the development of a strategic plan for the parish. It was facilitated by Tom Cronin, advisor to the Bishop for evangelization. The mission and vision statements of the parish were reviewed and attendees outlined what they viewed as the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting the parish. The second meeting will be held in May with completion of the plan anticipated by the end of June.