The Pastoral Council is meeting regularly again, generally on the first Thursday of the month. Important information will be included in the bulletin (usually as in insert) and on the website. Detailed meeting minutes are available on request.
Organization The Pastoral Council has a membership of twelve parishioners. Additionally, the two parish trustees (Pete Henrici, Ray McGoldrick), the faith formation coordinator (Chrissy Blanck) and the pastor (Fr. Michael) serve as ex-officio members. Here are the current members:
Maureen Murray, Chair Rob Bohm, Secretary Sharon Oberriter
Jeff Woeppel Michael Lachance Carolyn Lewis
Kathy Shirm Bruce Markusen Cythia Kukenberger
Mary Cahill Reitz Peggy Poulson Stephanie Nolan
Please communicate with them or the ex-officio members regarding any concerns, questions or suggestions.
The pastor presides over and guides final decisions and their implementation. Formal guidelines for how the council functions are available upon request.
Mission and Vision Statements The mission statement has been agreed upon:
St. Mary’s Our Lady of the Lake is a Christ-centered, Spirit-inspired, biblically grounded, and sacramentally nourished Catholic community that lives the Good News of the Gospel by worshipping God, witnessing to His Word, and warmly welcoming and serving His people.
The vision statement is in process.
Music Ministry Discussion focused on the existing music program and what an enhanced ministry might look like. At town hall meetings in the past this ministry was highlighted as very important.
Website Our goal is to have a parishioner serve as the webmaster. Anyone with information about possible candidates should contact Fr. Michael at 547 2213 x2.
The Next Meeting is scheduled for April 8.
Those serving on St. Mary’s Parish Council, do so under the ministry Called to Lead.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany has outlined that the formation of Pastoral Councils should include
- Prayerful Reflection
- The role of a Council is Pastoral & Visionary
- The membership should be truly representative of the Community
- The Pastor is to preside over the Pastoral Council
- The purpose is to:
- Develop a common vision & purpose
- Advocate for the poor and the powerless
- To extend Christian commitment to the surrounding neighborhoods & communities
- To orchestrate under the leadership of the Pastor a statement of mission for the parish Community & become the reference point for activity in the parish
- To provide recommendations as requested by the Pastor for parish priorities, directions, & policies through pastoral planning for worship, evangelization, outreach, stewardship, etc.
- To promote communication, understanding, and collaboration between the parish, the Bishop, the diocese and the universal Church